Sunday 15 September 2013

Kapurung, South Celebes Culinary

Kapurung (Sago Balls)

First time, I tasted this cuisine at my sister' house. It was given by her neighbor. Commonly, her neighbors are bugisness. There, they have custom, when they cook plenty of food, they will share with their neighborhood. I love this custom, so I could taste some new foods that I never eat before. Haha!

Kapurung is one of Indonesian cuisine. Originally, it comes from South Celebes (Sulawesi Selatan). If you know 'Bubur Manado', it is almost the same. Bubur Manado is made from rice and some vegetables, completed with 'ikan asin' or salted fish. Meanwhile, the basic ingredient of Kapurung is 'Sagu' or sago starch. Then, it mixed with many kinds of vegetables; spinach, kangkung, string bean, corn, eggplant, squash and tomato. Also, it is added with pieces of chicken and fish. That makes Kapurung is unique and healthy.

Nyam nyam :9 maybe later, I could try to make it by myself. Haha! Completely, delicious for lunch guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment